FranchiseSales.com is a website owned and operated by Dynamis Ltd, and is a trading site of Dynamis Ltd.
Collection of personal information
Anyone can browse our websites without revealing any personally identifiable information.
However, should you wish to contact a franchise opportunity, an intermediary or list a franchise for sale we will require you to provide some personal information.
Should you wish to advertise your services or your franchise opportunity, we will require you to provide some personal information.
By providing personal information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the UK.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Your name, email address, physical address, telephone numbers, and (depending on the service used) , your business information, financial information, such as credit / payment card details or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the site;
- information that you disclose in any Dynamis forum, feedback, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to Dynamis Ltd, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law; or if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information).
How we use your information
The primary reason we collect your personal information is to improve the services we deliver to you through our websites. By registering or sending an enquiry through a Dynamis website, you agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
connect you with relevant parties:
- If you are a buyer we will pass some or all of your details on to the seller / intermediary along with any message you have typed. This allows the seller to contact you in order to pursue a possible sale of a business;
- If you are a seller (franchisor) / intermediary, we will disclose your details where you have given us permission to do so;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- customise, measure and improve our services, conduct internal market research, provide content and advertising;
- tell you about Dynamis websites, products and services, target marketing, send you service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
Our disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content infringes the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- the sellers of any business you wish to contact – this may also include a seller’s representative;
- a party interested in your business or franchise;
- our partner websites – to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications;
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as finance providers, lawyers and others);
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other Dynamis user to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your name, company name, city, county, telephone number, email address, fraud complaints and transaction history or anything else that we deem relevant;
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from those who attempt to carry out fraudulent or illegal activities on the site, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Using information from Dynamis
In certain cases, (where you are receiving contact details of buyers interested in your business or franchise opportunity or a business opportunity you represent), you must comply with data protection laws, and give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use Dynamis user information only for:
- Dynamis transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered through Dynamis, or
- other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
You will receive marketing communications from us throughout the duration of your relationship with Dynamis. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us you may unsubscribe and / or change your preferences at any time by following instructions included within a communication or advertisement or emailing customer services.
Spam, spyware or spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your email preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. To report spam or spoof emails, please report it to us.
You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would breach our Terms and Conditions. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content. We may also store these messages for back up purposes only.
If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Email-to-a-friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
You may be given a password in order to make the most of your relationship with FranchiseSales.com. Your password is the key to your account. Make sure this is stored safely. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
Accessing, reviewing and changing your personal information
You can view and amend your personal information at any time by logging in to Your Account online. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
If you do not have an account with FranchiseSales.com (i.e. you are a franchise seeker who has requested more information on a franchise opportunity) you may contact us to find out what information we hold about you, what we do with it and ask us to update it for you.
If at any time you wish to close your account please contact Customer Service and instruct us to do so. We will process your request as soon as we can.
We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the UK. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use a variety of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site.
We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.